Jeffrey Weber, a guy who has worked with everyone from Ronnie James Dio to Luther Vandross and the winner of two Grammys, has a new book called You've Got a Deal: The Biggest Lies of the Music Business. Given his experience as an insider, you'd expect that he knows of what he speaks.
The book contains what he says are the ten worst lies about the music industry.
10. We love your stuff!
9. We'll fix it in the mix.
8. The booking is definite.
7. It's hot in the clubs
6. My last band had a record deal but we broke up before recording an album
5. What a voice!
4. That was great! You nailed it!
3. I'll listen to your CD tomorrow.
2. Of course we'll market and promote your project. How do you think we stay in business?
1. What? You didn't get that check?