If you're at all into a NIN headspace, you might want to give this kid from LA a listen. His debut EP features Chris Vrenna and Josh Freese. Start with the track below and if you like it, go here for his Soundcloud page. Learn more about WVM here.
Entries in New Releases (1367)
Consequence of Sound has a nice summary of all the rare stuff that will be available for Record Store Day on April 20. I've pulled out some highlights while the full list can be found here.
The Cure will reissue 1987′s Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me on 12″ red vinyl.
David Bowie will present the first vinyl single off of The Next Day: “The Stars Are Out Tonight” b/w “Where Are We Now?”. In addition, Bowie’s 1973 single “Drive-In Saturday Night” will be issued on 7″ picture disc b/w the Russell Harty Plus Pop Version of the song.
Hüsker Dü will unveil a double 7″ of their earliest recordings from a 1980 session at Minneapolis’ Blackberry Way Studio: “Amusement” b/w “Statues” and “Writer’s Cramp” b/w “Let’s Go Die”. Only 4,000 copies will be available.
They're called The Strypes--and both Paul Weller and Elton John are raving about them to anyone who will listen. A debut EP entitled Blue Collar Jane will be out April 2.
Earlier today, I posted a bloody and violent video from a new band called Biting Elbows. Now here's a bloody and violent video from The Thermals. You're welcome.
Cornell released these track details for the Record Store Day release:
1) Worse Dreams - Recorded by Chris Cornell at TNC Studios in Los Angeles, CA
2) Black Saturday - Recorded by Chris Cornell at TNC Studios in Los Angeles, CA
3) By Crooked Steps - Recorded at Deke River Studio in Seattle, WA by Josh Evans and at TNC Studios in Los Angeles, CA by Chris Cornell
4) Halfway There - Recorded by Chris Cornell at TNC Studios in Los Angeles, CA
5) Bones Of Birds - Recorded by Chris Cornell at TNC Studios in Los Angeles, CA
6) A Thousand Days Before - Recorded by Soundgarden at Deek River Studio and Chris Cornell at TNC Studios in Los Angeles, CA
Read the entire story here.